Only have two days to visit Canon City and the Royal Gorge region? There are so many great things to do here that it really would take a week (or more!) to get to them all. No matter the ages of the people in your party, or how adventurous they are, there is something for everyone. But, if you need recommendations for two action-packed days that will please most, here you go:
DAY 1: AM Jeep Tour, Zip Line the Royal Gorge, PM Train & Wine
- AM Royal Gorge Jeep Tour & Zip Line. Approximately 4 hours. Check-in at 8am at Colorado Jeep Tours. Ride the Zip Line OVER the Royal Gorge during your jeep tour. Completed around 12:30pm.
- Catch the 12:30pm PM Train. Depot is 5 minutes from the Colorado Jeep Tours office. (Lunch on the train sold separately.) HINT: We highly recommend that you book the DOME car!
- The train is back at the station at 2:30pm. Book a 3pm or 4pm Wine Tasting at the Holy Cross Abbey, only 10 minutes from the Royal Gorge Route train depot.
DAY 2: AM Red Canyon Jeep Tour & PM Royal Gorge Bridge & Park
- AM Red Canyon 3 Hour Jeep Tour. Check-in at 8am, Tour is back at 11:30am.
- Use your FREE Bridge tickets (from your prior day Royal Gorge Jeep Tour) and visit the Royal Gorge Bridge & Park the rest of the afternoon.
- Ride the Royal Gorge Bridge gondola and do the other things included with your bridge ticket at the park, hike the trails at the Royal Gorge. Or purchased add-on tickets to ride the other attractions at the Royal Gorge Bridge.
- Dinner at one of the restaurants at the Royal Gorge Bridge, overlooking the gorge. They also have a full bar in the Cafe 1230 in the Visitor’s Center.
Need help building your perfect itenerary? Have more time and need assistance making the most of your vacation? Email Tours@RoyalGorge.Info or call 719-445-8300 between 8am and 5pm, 7 days a week.